If you've been a regular follower on here of my twitter/instagram you've seen me volunteer, attend or promote various non-profits dealing with helping all sorts of things from animals to people, but especially women and refugees. When I was getting my Simon Fashion Now post ready for the Galleria I learned about Same Sky, an accessories shop dealing with just that. Focused on empowering women, and changing lives. I love shopping for a cause. Just look at the difference you can make.
Same Sky is a fair-trade initiative that offers employment to women living with HIV/AIDS in Sub Saharan Africa. Trained as artisans, Same Sky women earn 15 to 20 times the average wage to hand-crochet beautiful glass bead jewelry. Instead of a handout, SAME SKY believes in giving women a hand-up and the opportunity to lift themselves out of poverty. 100% of net-proceeds from the sale of SAME SKY’s jewelry go to buying materials and employing more women artisans.
For more information, please visit: http://www.samesky.com.
Just one purchase makes a huge impact.
• One Sky Bracelet buys an HIV+ artisan healthcare for an entire year.
• A purchase of a Sky Necklace provides an artisan’s child with education for an entire year.
• A purchase of a Hope Necklace can buy can artisan food for an entire month.
• Your purchase of a Prosperity Bracelet provides an artisan with clean drinking water for an entire month.
• A purchase of Faith Earrings buys an artisan’s family charcoal for the entire month.
• A purchase of cuff links buys an artisan’s family clean drinking water for an entire month.