Shirt: H&M, Tie: F21, Jeans: BDG, Shoes: Kenneth Cole
Once my purchase of the new Kenneth Cole shoes was complete, I realized I didn’t have a thing to wear it with (hmmm writing that made my manhood shrink just a little bit- maybe even recess into my abdomen). All my boot cut jeans looked weird with my more rounded/pointed toe on my new shoes, making it look strangely elfish to me. And if there’s anything worse than camel toe, it’s elf toe. As a remedy, Tramanh suggested that I pick up a pair of straight leg jeans and the following conversation ensued with the LilBro:
Me: But I don’t wanna highwater!
LilBro: What are you talking about?
Me: It’s straight leg, so that means it’s not going to cover my ankles like boot cut.
LilBro: Just don’t buy them so short!
So, obviously, we have once again established that I am the manliest of men because I had no idea what straight leg jeans looked like or about fashion in general. In my head, boot cut jeans at the bottom were cut so they draped over the shoe on the sides, leaving no ankle exposed. Straight leg I imagined that they did not drape, causing exposed ankles. But if the LilBro and Tramanh both say I need straight leg jeans, then I should probably follow their advice.
Lo and behold, Urban Outfitters had a pair of BDG straight leg jeans on sale for $9.99, so, heck, it would be an inexpensive experiment. Have you ever bought another article of clothing since nothing matches the original article of clothing/footwear you just bought? This is probably the only time I’ve done that. Luckily they had a pair roughly my size and so now I’m all prêt-a-porter. The only thing is, I’m afraid to wear these things out to the clubs because they’ll probably get stepped on and scuffed up by short women in stilettos (you know who you are). I’m guessing this will only see the light of day in wine bars and less crowded environments.
On another note, I bought my first skinny tie right before the holidays and I love skinny ties now. If I could wear them everywhere, I would. And actually I did. I went out two weeks in a row and Tramanh & Tu's friend was like, "Skinny tie again?" This made me SADDINGS that he said it like it was a bad thing. Of course, he also said the same thing when I started wearing blazers everywhere when it started getting cold, and so I found it odd that he paid so much attention to my clothing choices. Maybe he was just into me. Well, sorry man, I'm just not that into you. This fellah is only reserved for the ladies.
I was tagged by songy (last year) so now I'm getting around to answering it:
4 PLACES I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY
* Japan - in fact, I like it so much I'll be there in April for the third time
* Seoul, Korea - So close to Japan, but I ran out of money before I could go there
* Seattle - Last of the big US cities I've wanted to check out
* Vancouver - I've already been on one side of canada, time to check out the other.
4 FAVORITE THINGS TO MUNCH ON
* Triscuits Garden Herb
* Blue Diamond wasabi & Soy sauce almonds
* Pate & baguettes
* Hmmm now I'm running a blank. Is my dietary regimen that dull?
4 THINGS YOU HAVE TO GET DONE THIS WEEKEND
* Run the Houston Half-marathon. In a flannel Sully costume from Monster's Inc.
* Run more photo experiments.
* Buy tickets for family to Japan
* Clean up bathroom ever since the apartment repaired the tub and noxious fumes left me sleeping on the couch.
4 THINGS THAT POP UP WHEN YOU GOOGLE MY NAME
* Some blogger who is obviously impersonating me.
* Someone who is getting closer to impersonating me.
* Some awesome doctor who is impersonating me. In UROLOGY.
* Some high schooler who is impersonating me. What is up with the INTERWEBZ?
4 FAVORITE SITES TO DO ONLINE SHOPPING
* BHPhotovideo.com (ok, I pretty much just shop online for photography equipment)